Antiques, Attractions & Shops
Heritage & History
Lodging & Dining
Parks, Nature & Outdoors
Treat Yourself! Feed Your Soul
Move Your Business to Ferndale
Locals and visitors will stroll the streets in Victorian fashions. Dress in Victorian or Country-Victorian attire to be a part of this very special day, or just come share the day with family and friends. For your enjoyment, there will be theatrical and musical entertainment, and you are invited to experience the warm and wonderful feeling of a traditional Victorian holiday season in the enchanting Victorian Village of Ferndale!
FREE Entertainments & Demonstrations
of Victorian Era Trades & Crafts
- Christmas Caroling! Victorian Carolers roam Ferndale's Main Street
- Queen Victoria among the antiques in the Ferndale Art & Cultural Center.
- Life-size Victorian Cutouts: Make your own photo memories! Stand in character cutouts at spots along Main Street.
- Live Music, Studio Tours and Demonstrations: Watch artists at work, enjoy local musicians and enjoy freshly roasted chestnuts. Artisan Alley, off the public parking lot
- Photos with Santa: As a fundraiser for the Ferndale Repertory Theatre, Santa & his helper will be in the theatre office all day to have photos taken.
- Street Entertainments:
- Town Crier.
- Meet Queen Elizabeth 2nd; Queen Elizabeth is making a quick stop in Ferndale (photo op - bring your camera).
- "The Christmas Carol" characters from Ferndale Repertory Theatre wandering Main St.
- Unicyclist Tom Guyer on and off throughout the day.
- Magic card tricks by Fortuna's Ethan Swihart.
- Terra Firma Circus contact jugglers
- Lucky Luke Jokester Eli Renteria of Dell'Arte
- Antique Tractors on Main Street display, courtesy of the Farm Shop & John Maxwell
- Antique Elbow Sander (c. 1920) Demo By Troy Land at Valley Lumber, 657 Shaw
- In-store Specials and Activities: Shops will offer something special for the day – Tastings, Sales, Specialty Items ….be sure to check out all that Main St. Ferndale has to offer.
- Roasted Chestnuts, Artisan Alley, off the public parking lot
- Amazing Pretzel Cart: 8th graders serve in front of Becker’s insurance, 521 Main.
- Bake Sales: Danish Sisterhood at Lentz, 406 Main. Daughters of the British Empire at Times Remembered, 431 Main.
- Hot Cider: FHS Women’s Varsity Softball team selling in front of Lentz, 406 Main
Blacksmithing Demonstration: Ferndale Museum fires up the Mouat forge to show blacksmithing techniques once essential to daily life. Admission is free.
FREE Rides on Bansen’s tractor-drawn wagon (weather permitting) at Ferndale Rep.
||Music by Megan Hensley at Girlie Girls, 444 Main.
FREE Horse & Carriage Rides (weather and horse permitting) at the Main St. clock
Terra Firma Circus Co. entertains with disciplined contact jugglers. Balls appear to float by themselves in their skillful hands, adding a magical edge to the traditional juggler’s art. Strolling Main Street.
Mirth First Barbershop Quartet strolling Main Street in song
The Victorian Belles, Caroling Group, Ferndale Repertory Theatre, 447 Main St. FREE
||FREE Rides on Bansen’s tractor-drawn wagon (weather permitting) at Ferndale Rep.
||Lucky Luke Jokester, Eli Renteria of Dell'Arte
Elementary School Carolers, Ferndale Elementary 3rd - 8th Grade Choir in combined chorus with Toddy Thomas Elementary in Fortuna. Ferndale Rep. Theatre, 447 Main St. FREE
Ferndale Frolics, Country Line Dancing Group, Ferndale Rep. Theatre, 447 Main St. FREE
||back to top
FREE Musical Entertainment
- Christmas Caroling! Victorian Carolers roam Ferndale's Main Street and Shops. Sing along or enjoy community caroling groups strolling Main St. and stopping in shops.
- The Victorian Belles caroling group at Ferndale Repertory Theatre
- Mirth First Barbershop Quartet strolling Main Street in the afternoon
- Elementary School Carolers at Ferndale Repertory Theatre
- Live music by Tom Guyer at Times Remembered
- Live Music at Artisan Alley
||back to top
A heartfelt thank you to everyone who has volunteers their time to make this a fun day
and a special thank you to everyone who dresses in Victorian attire so that we could "step back in time."
back to top
The Victorian Village of Ferndale, full of surprises, deserves
more than a day to discover. 265 miles north of Sacramento and San Francisco,
it's a beautiful drive from the major airports (Sacramento, San Francisco,
Oakland, San Jose) or fly into the Arcata/Eureka airport in McKinleyville,
45 minutes north of Ferndale (car rentals, Door-to-Door
Airporter shuttle service available).
From California Highway 101, take the Fernbridge/Ferndale
exit. Cross historic Fernbridge and drive through five miles of pastoral
views to Ferndale's Main Street.
For more information, call the Ferndale Chamber of
Commerce: (707) 786-4477